Claverie House proudly bears the name of Mother M Gabriel Claverie, Principal of St Clare’s College from 1936-1963. During her years of Principalship, a significant growth of new buildings could be seen at the College. Changes in educational systems occurred, which were met with foresight and courage. Under her leadership, the College Choir was formed and performed successfully for many years along with the College musicals which were known for their high quality. Likewise, the debating teams became more prominent in the competition and debating circles.